Blogging has always been considered as a very lucrative pastime activity, but have you ever wondered about how difficult it is to engage people into it? Making your posts read and commendable is a very tedious task. For that your need to do a whole lot of things in addition to being patient and constantly adding new stuff to your blog posts. In order to achieve the aim of making it engaging, you need to set some goals.
Firstly, make sure to receive comments which are relevant to your topic. Secondly, you should try and aim that readers of your blog link and share your posts. Thirdly, make sure the visitors to your blog come more often to check out stuff. Fourthly and finally, try and make sure to build a long-term relationship with your blog readers. In order to achieve these goals, you need to know certain tricks of how to get people engaged.
• The first thing you can do to achieve your aim is by making a direct conversation with your reader. Try using verbs like ‘you’, ‘we’, ‘your’ etc to bring a conversational feeling in your post. You can also questions your readers during some points in the blog, so as to evoke a response and thus get into a conversation. Posting questions in your post or making your blog title itself in the form of a question is certain to attract readers if the question/topic is of their interest.
• Try and make your paragraphs shorter and crispier. Long paragraphs generally tend to make the visitor conclude that they are boring and completely indigestible. Short paragraphs with information distributed equally are more appealing for the viewer.
• Thirdly, make an attempt to mention data and facts in bullets. With this pattern, visitors shall be able to find data easily which is of their interest and liking. Grouping paragraphs that contain similar content along with short subtitles is also another way of engaging your visitors. Highlighting important content may help in passing across important information to everyone.
• You can also make use of various types of media files like pictures, videos, snapshots etc relevant to your content, to make your blog more appealing. But always make sure to add such content on the top portion of your blog.
• Next, be very careful regarding grammatical errors and spelling mistakes in your content. This will only evoke negative and ironical remarks and comments from your blog readers and moreover, they won’t be providing as a suggested reading to their friends. Another thing worth mentioning here is that always check and cross-check all the data that you are mentioning in your post. Wrong information may also result in online humiliation from readers.
• The final and the most important thing to be mentioned is that always try and maintain a mutual relationship with your readers and commenters. When you will be replying to a post by your commenters, they will also get involved automatically, thus making the post quite engaging.
Thus with the help of all these methods, you can help achieve a good number of visitors on your blog and also keep them engaged by acting proactively.
About the author: Diana is a blogger by profession. She loves writing, reading and travelling. Beside this she is fond of luxury cars and wishes to own one day Porsche Cayman.