How Much Number of Backlinks Do You Need For Your Website

How Much Number of Backlinks Do You Need For Your Website? This is one of the most common question asked by clients and friends when it comes to link building in SEO. Most of the clients are very much eager to know how much backlinks do they need for their website to perform better in the search engine result pages. Since most of the clients pay for their SEO package which includes link building, there would be a particular limit for the number of backlinks in SEO package. This would be mentioned in the price chart of the respective SEO packages.

80% of the SEO companies mention a particular number of backlinks in their price chart while the remaining 20% just promises to improve the number of backlinks without mentioning any particular number. In the first case the companies stop link building activities after reaching the particular numbers mentioned in the SEO package price chart. They show the report for their link building campaigns and here both the parties end up being happy upon seeing the numbers.

In the second case the company keeps on doing the link building activities till their SEO contract is completed. They might be sending the link building campaign reports to the client on  a regular basis, but would never commit any specific number of backlinks to the clients. At times it may exceed the number of backlinks when compared with the first case and on the other hand the number may be less when compared with the first case. Both the cases have their own advantages as well as disadvantages.

When clients ask how much number of backlinks is needed for a website to perform better, companies and SEOs may settle the client by telling some amount of numbers. The client believes this and starts paying the companies till the numbers are met. But the actual answer for the question is “infinite”. In short your website should not be limited to a particular number of backlinks, rather it should try to get as many quality backlinks as possible.

The link building campaign for your website should not stop at any point and it should continue on a regular and disciplined basis. Getting infinite number of backlink does not mean to go for a large number of low quality backlinks. This would infact worsen the search engine performance of your website. While doing link building campaign, make sure that it comes from quality and relevant sources. Also make sure that the links comes naturally and does not come at a fast pace. The link building should start slowly and consistently, and always need to be monitored regularly.

So next time when someone asks you about the number of backlinks required for a website, your answer should be “infinite”. You must educate the client that there is no certain limit for the number of backlinks and the more we get, the better it would be for our website.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *